"Teachers are the thriving source that will change the world."

Friday, January 16, 2015

Practice Blog Post

Outline
  • Who am I?
  • Why do I want to be an educator?
  • What does an educator do in his or her practice?
  • What are my passions and hobbies? (video)
Who am I?

Hi, my name is Emily Tyne Johnson and I will be twenty years old at the end of this month. As you can see, I have an unusual middle name. I was named after my Granny, Emmy Tyne Johnson. I was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama, but I am currently living in Lucedale, Mississippi. While living extremely close to the Mobile Zoo in Wilmer, Alabama, I have had escaped peacocks running down my road many times! I currently work at Subway and have been employed there for two years now. I am a sophomore here at South Alabama studying Elementary Education. At first, my goal was to study Astronomy at Georgia State University, but that all changed when I started thinking about how important education is.

Why do I want to be an educator?
What does and educator do is his or her practice?

I hope to become a kindergarten teacher, because I believe children are the future of our world and without great teachers’ guidance, children will lose their way. Parents can only teach so much when it comes to the subjects that their children have to learn. Teachers are educated in a way that parents are not, and this in no way is me trying to belittle parents' abilities, but teachers are here strictly to do the teaching. Michelle Rhee, founder and CEO of StudentsFirst, states, "As educators, we have to approach our job believing that anything is possible. It is incredibly important that we constantly communicate to kids that they can accomplish anything when they put their minds to it." Rhee's quote describes why I feel so strongly about children's education. Children are the foundation of our society, and without someone there teaching them and pushing then forward, children will not enjoy learning like they should.

What are my passions and hobbies?


No comments:

Post a Comment