1. Be a constant learner yourself
2. Teaching never ends. It is hard work. It is very rewarding.
3. Be flexible and creative. The unexpected will happen!
4. Start with a goal.
5. Engage 100% of your students 100% of the time with 100% of their projects.
6. Reflect, revise, share work with an audience.
These tips encouraged me to create my own list of things that I will hold myself responsible for in my classroom.
1. Have rewards for learning.
2. Always display students work and accomplishments.
3. Engage students with project based learning.
4. Be creative in everything I teach.
5. Learn about students lives and incorporate their interests into daily teaching goals.
My list is still growing and will continue to grow for many years to come. Anthony Capps inspired me to be a better teacher and to put thought and preparation into my daily lessons. I encourage everyone who reads this to create their own list of goals for their classroom. Anthony Capps was a student in EDM310 just like we are now and he is doing some incredible things. Just think, Anthony has come so far in such a short amount of time, and now that we have his knowledge just imagine how many great things we can accomplish as educators and learners! We are all destined to do wonderful things and in my opinion, teachers are the thriving source that will change the world.